|Club||Yulia Chagina||Maritime Rowing Club/ New Canaan High School Crew||Norwalk||CT|
|Secondary Positions||Cox, Prt, Str|
|Best Time (mm:ss.s)||-||7:53.8||21:07.1||25:57.3||-||-||-|
|Bench Press (max)||Wingspan||Years rowing|
Varsity since freshman year 2016
40' pr: 2:10.7, 9181m
- Head of the Quinobequin 2018: 7th in Women's U17 1X
- Head of the Charles 2018: 32 in Women's Youth4+ (bow)
- San Diego Crew Classic 2019: 3rd in A Final Women's 4X (bow)
- Youth Nationals 2019 Sarasota, FL: 2nd in C Final Women's 4X (bow)
- Youth Nationals 2019 Bethel, OH: 4th in Semifinal Women's 4X (bow)
- Head of the Housatonic 2019: 1st in Women's Youth 4x
- Head of the Quinobequin 2019: 6th in Women's U19 1X
- Head of the Charles 2019: 7th in Women's Youth coxed 4X (bow)
- Head of the Fish 2019: 3rd in Women's Youth 1V 4X (bow)
- Head of the Fish 2019: 3rd in Women's Youth 1V 2X (bow)
I want to be recruited to play sports in college because I think it is a great opportunity to be able to play. Recruitment would help me pursue playing a sport in college which I think would make the entire college experience better.
I am a captain for the girl's crew team and I was given a lot of responsibilities where I led workouts, took over when coaches were gone, helped out people of each group of Maritime Rowing Club. I was one of three and was given more tasks and expectations.
Off the field, I work in a children's clothing store where I run, manage, and sell by myself. I open and close the shop and have started to train new employees. My boss has trusted me with running her store and training new employees due to my being responsible and trustworthy.
Keeping a balance between school work and rowing work helped me pursue a healthy athletic performance. I would make sure that rowing never got in the way of school. I would do homework more efficiently so I could sleep more for rowing.
I volunteered for 5 years in several special needs programs and only had to stop when work and rowing got in the way. I worked one on one with younger and older kids in cooking, art, and sports programs that affected me a lot. I gained a lot of responsibility, leadership, love for helping others, and patience with these programs.